In case you didn’t know, October is Adopt a Shelter Dog Month, making it the perfect time to add a furry friend to your family or help celebrate those who have. Because giving any animal, young or old, a better quality of life is noteworthy! This is why today we’re showcasing some of our top-rated pet-friendly products, approved by pet lovers! Plus, we’re sharing some ideas on how you can celebrate your own pets.
Spoil a pup in style with an eco-friendly squeaky toy from The Foggy Dog! They’re made in a zero-waste textile mill from pre-consumer denim scraps that have been re-spun into new fabric. Plus they’re handcrafted to be beautiful and durable.
Pups have never looked better than when they wear a Paws Bandana. Handmade to fit most medium-sized dogs, these stylish accessories are cute and durable. Plus you’ll be supporting a good cause - The Paws donates funds directly to rescue and rehabilitation shelters!
Have a pet of your own who is deserving of some extra affection this month? Here are just a few ways that you can treat them!
- Grab a Puppuccino - Make a trip to your local Starbucks for a free cup of whipped cream! Your pup will appreciate it, and you’ll get some adorably messy photos.
- Take a trip to the Pet Store - If your pup loves getting out and about, consider making a trip to the closest pet store and letting them pick out an item or two, whether it’s treats or toys.
- Find a dog-friendly event! - During the month of October, lots of communities will host events to gather adopted or rescued dogs. You might join one, along with your dog, for a fun playdate.
In addition to treating your pet, there are plenty of ways that you can make a difference to shelter dogs. And not just during the month of October! You can do any of the following year-round.
- Donate - Whether or not you have a dog, you can always donate towards a worthy cause that benefits animals currently waiting for their forever home. To make it extra special, donate under the name of your current or former adopted dog.
- Volunteer - Shelters and rescues are always in need of helping hands. Whether it’s to clean kennels or walk and bathe dogs. Consider contacting a shelter near you to see if you can be of any help!
Have a paws-itively perfect October!
Owners of Something Splendid
Erynn, Elyse + Allison